Thursday, October 14, 2010

Washington Wizards resident idiot Gilbert Arenas is at it again, this time lying about an injury to skip out of a preseason game.

Arenas says he did it to allow Nick Young a chance to start, but what really matters here is how Wizards head coach Flip Saunders handled this. And here's Saunders' response:

“I said to him that I’m most disappointed personally, because I believe in him,” Saunders said. “There’s been a trust factor. I told him, ‘You’re going to have to be honest with me.’ It’s just like dealing with your kids. Your kids make mistakes and you deal with them. It doesn’t mean you love them any less.”

As Rogers Cadenhead of SportsFilter said, "Is there a better quote than that to sum up the modern role of an NBA coach as a doormat with a clipboard? We've come a long way since the days of Red Auerbach."

For purposes of illustration, we've posted below an actual-size mock-up of Flip's balls:

. .

Enjoy your season, Coach.

No comments: