Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Extremely tired today, and for a good reason.

Our big unfriendly cat, Lanny, had a run-in with a neighbor cat last night and got the worst of it. He has a huge abcess on the right side of his face to go with several other injuries. I spent last night at the emergency vet, holding him while he received a couple of shots of antibiotics and cortizone.

Lanny handled the shots pretty well, although getting the thermometer shoved in his rear riled him a bit. He hissed and clawed some, and I wondered if I'll react to my first colonoscopy in the same fashion.

Anyway, our big orange marauder is home recuperating. Hopefully the swelling will go down and surgery won't be necessary, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Cross your fingers for the big guy.

Update: My wife says the abcess has gone down significantly and Lanny's crazy to go back outside, perhaps to get even with his tormentor. I think I failed to mention that earlier -- Lanny got it handed to him by another cat named LoveBug.

You'll never live it down, hairball.

No comments: