Saturday, March 18, 2006

If this post is rife with typos and/or grammatical errors, forgive me -- Michelle and I had our first child together last night. Mackenzie Jane Frazer was born at 10:17 p.m. on St. Patrick's Day, dooming her to a lifetime of lousy green beer and bad corned beef and cabbage on her birthday.

My wife was an absolute trooper, fighting through a full day of labor after being induced. Michelle also suffered through four hours of extra pain due to a nurse jarring loose the needle for her epidural, something she handled with far more grace than I (although her anger may have been tempered by the nitrous with which she was dosing herself).

Maczenzie and Mom are fine this afternoon, resting comfortably and working on latching, whjich apparently happened for the first time just a short while ago. I'm at the store, struggling to stay awake and grinning like a cat locked in a fish market -- the whole experience was amazing.

I'll post one picture here, and the link to see Mackenzie's rookie photos right here. More will be added early next week.

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: