Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm really into autographs and that stuff. I just picked up a huge lot from Leland's auction house in New York, more than 170 8x10s. There are some great names -- Johnny Depp, Barbara Streisand, Russell Crowe -- but the most fun has been trying to figure out who some of the unknowns are. I just knew maybe the top 30-40 of the pieces, and the rest was a crapshoot.

This has been especially difficult considering I watch very few movies and very little television. I think I'm happiest with a Val Kilmer auto'd promo shot from "Top Secret," one of my favorite comedies. I also got two Chaka Khan autographs, but even stranger -- I sold one of them the first day. I may start posting a random 8x10 here on occasion, just for fun. I'll put those who identify the signature into a pot and when I run out of John and Jane Does, I'll pick a winner and send out an autograph of someone suitably obscure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan Mernit on Seth Godin's Blogon Keynote
Posted by Stowe Boyd I was dismayed by Seth Godin's kickoff keynote at Blogon yesterday.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Anonymous said...

Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.