Friday, May 23, 2008

I've been asked by nearly all our store's customers who I like in the Stanley Cup Finals starting this week. Considering I had Montreal and San Jose in the Finals at the start of the season, I don't why my opinion would be worth a moldy octopus, but here it is anyway:

Detroit in five.

It hurts me to say that. I grew up in St. Louis cheering for the Blues and hating the Red Wings (many Blues fans hate the Blackhawks, but how can you do anything but pity them? Same thing goes for the Cubs), but Detroit simply has too much firepower for a mediocre Penguins defense.

The reverse isn't true. Pittsburgh has tons of offensive talent, but the Wings can counter with the best defense in the league. As for Marc-Andre Fleury, his coming out party continues, but there will be just too many breakaways and shots from close in for him to do enough.

Next year, Pens fans, next year.

No comments: